Interested in joining the Colour and Cotton team? New opportunities will be posted here!
Production Associate - Fabric
Posted November 4, 2020
About Colour and Cotton
Colour and Cotton, LLC is a professional dye studio in St. Louis, Missouri - we offer hand dyed threads, fabrics, fibers and more for cross stitch, needlepoint, embroidery and sewing. We are hiring an experienced industrial sewer to enhance our team of professionals. This is a part-time contract-to-hire position with a flexible schedule.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to safely operate and maintain industrial sewing machines, including a Juki 4-thread serger/overlock stitching machine
- Work in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to identify a variety of fabric types and weights following a tag system
- Ability to work within the production schedule and follow production orders for quantity and types of fabric
- Accurately measure using multiple forms of measuring tools
- Strong attention to detail and pride in work is a must
- Successfully perform other tasks as required; including, but not limited to, cutting fabrics per preparation order sheets, packing, shipping, sorting fabrics and threads, cleaning and straightening the work areas (i.e. sweeping and removal of fabric and thread waste from the floor), and any other such tasks as requested by employer.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates poise, maturity and a professional attitude
- Is a motivated team player
- Works well independently, as well as with others
- Displays strong attention to detail and inspects all finished products for quality of work
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time while tasks are being performed
- Must be able to lift 35lbs (i.e. boxes, fabric bolts, shipping supplies, other materials received in our daily operations)
- High School or equivalent
- Sewing/quilting experience or experience operating sewing machines in a commercial environment
- On-the-job training may be provided
This is an independent contractor (1099) position with the possibility to transition to company hire.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 13 with "Production Associate" in the subject line, and please include your resume, your reason for applying and your availability. No social media messages regarding this position, please!
Colour and Cotton is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.